AVIEMORE HALF MARATHON ROUTE - a truly ‘highland route’ but without the hills!
- The Start is approx 1100 ft above sea level with the Cairngorm Mountains setting a spectacular backdrop.
- The first 7 miles are on forest tracks through Glenmore Forest Park and Glenmore village before crossing the road and onto another forest track around Loch Morlich and then onto the main road continuing past Coylumbridge and Inverdruie.
- The route crosses the road by the Fish Farm and over the Spey River by the pedestrian footbridge.
- The last short section goes under the main Highland railway line, across Aviemore main street and then past the Four Seasons Hotel to a welcome Finish line!!! (approx 720 ft above sea level).
- Conditions are a mixture of good solid forest track, paths and tarmac roads - a normal good supportive running shoe is required.
- Starts at Glenmore, using the Aviemore Half Marathon route along the main road.
- Finishes at the same point as the Half Marathon.
THE MACDONALD MILE FUN RUN
- A fantastic traffic-free 1-mile
Fun Run around
- Fitness and fun for all
the family on the Saturday before the Half Marathon
- Click here for more info and pictures and click here for a route map.
- Water stations: 3 on the route
- Mile markers: every mile
- There are a couple of narrow footbridges and path gates which will be signed – take care
- The course is well marshalled and signed and will remain manned until the last runner passes
- Toilets: at the Start and Finish – please use them and remember there are other people on the tracks and roads!
- Showers: available at the Finish
- A sweep vehicle or marshall will be following the race
- All road crossings will be marshall controlled and clearly identifiable: Marshalls have no power to stop traffic, competitors must cross at their own risk
- Please follow all marshalls, stewards and police instructions to the letter
- Please respect other park users and road traffic
- Race Organisers will start to dismantle the course once the last runners have past
- Do not deviate from the course
The weekend of October 14 and 15 2006 saw the long-held dream of an Aviemore running event finally come true and if you would like to read about previous events click here.
||If you are lacking a little motivation with your training, why not join www.joggingbuddy.com a FREE website that allows you to find someone to run with - you can even log your training runs